MYalliance is Family Driven
MYalliance is family driven... meaning parents play a vital role in transforming the systems that serve their family. Family voice is heard and implemented throughout policy, program development, and service delivery. Services are “done with” the family, rather than “done to” the family. The family is seen as the constant in the youth’s lives, and professionals are seen as most effective when supporting the family.
Koffee with Kevin
Meet the MYalliance Lead Family Contact, Kevin Schmidt, and share your experiences working with youth serving systems.
Chatting with Chace
Chace Willard is a Reeths-Puffer parent working with other RP parents to identify successes and barriers when working with the school and other youth serving systems. Come stop in and “Chat with Chace” during these open drop-in hours.
Muffins with Marcia
Marcia Herring is an Orchard View parent working with other OV Cardinal Elementary parents identifying successes and barriers when working with the school and other youth serving systems. Chat with her during these open hours.
Meet up with Parent Pam
Pam Whitfield is a Muskegon Heights Parent who is holding open hours to meet up and talk about success and challenges when working within the school and other youth serving systems. Meet her at a muffins with mom or donuts with dad meet-up date!
Parent Support Group
Come meet other parents with similar experiences and learn from one another in this support group setting offering guest speakers and resource connection.
Lead Free Families
Learn more about your child’s lead number, what resources are available, how your child will be impacted, and meet others who have had lead exposure in their families. Contact Katey Gunderson at 231-286-7252 to learn more.
Parent Advisory Group
This group of parents meet regularly to provide feedback on how child serving systems could better support their families.
Family potluck dinners are held in rotating locations throughout the community with activities for both children and parents.
Contact the MYalliance Lead Family Contact, Kevin Schmidt
Kevin Schmidt, Certified Parent Support Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org, (231) 638-9720
The MYalliance System of Care Lead Family Contact is here to facilitate systems changes driven by parents and families, build capacity for parent and family engagement, and support parents and family members of children and youth with complex needs in Muskegon County. This could include parents of children who are receiving mental health or special education services, who are involved in the juvenile justice or child welfare system, foster or adoptive parents, or parents who are struggling with their own mental health concerns.
Services provided by Kevin:
- Connects parents/family members to community resources and opportunities for parent engagement, leadership development, advocacy, committee involvement, social connection, and training
- Helps connect parents with each other to form social support networks
- Delivers training, technical assistance and consultation for families and agencies in the areas of parent voice and family driven care
- Facilitates the Parent Advisory Council to advise systems change efforts
- Problem solves with parents and/or agency partners when encountering barriers to accessing services and supports
- Encourages feedback from parents and help parents and system partners utilize feedback for continuous quality improvement
- Assists and support parents in navigating child serving systems
- Helps resolve conflicts between parents and professionals
- Offers one-on-one and group support to parents and family members
- Connects parents with lived experience to committee involvement and other leadership opportunities
- Coordinates and links to family friendly activities in the community