MYalliance is Youth-Guided
Within MYalliance System of Care, youth are supported in becoming advocates for themselves. Youth’s perspective is solicited, valued, and incorporated into their care and throughout policy, program development and service delivery.
Youth Engagement Opportunities
The opportunities shown here all occur on a regular basis. To find out when, Click here for the calendar of upcoming opportunities to connect and engage. Or contact Andre Williams at (231) 740-7159
BOOM Youth Leadership Team
Closed leadership team that meets weekly with application period each summer. For youth interested in leadership development and systems change who have experience in the mental health, juvenile justice, child welfare, foster care or special education systems.
Let's Talk Events
Events for youth and adults to talk and learn about important topics such as mental health, community resources, and more!
Family potluck dinners in rotating locations throughout the community with activities for both children and parents.
Open skate nights to meet other youth, get some exercise and learn about youth engagement opportunities!
Bring your family and friends and come bowl with us!
Contact Andre L. Williams Jr., Youth Engagement Specialist
Andre Williams, Andre.firstname.lastname@example.org, 231-740-7159
The MYalliance System of Care Youth Engagement Specialist is here to facilitate systems changes driven by youth, build capacity for youth engagement and youth-adult partnerships, and support youth with complex needs in Muskegon County. This could include youth who are receiving mental health or special education services, who are involved in the juvenile justice or child welfare system, foster or adoptive youth, youth in crisis, or youth who are struggling at home or in school.
Services Provided by Andre:
- Connects youth to community resources, such as opportunities for engagement, needed resources, leadership development, advocacy, committee involvement, social connection, and training
- Helps connect youth with each other to form peer networks
- Delivers training, technical assistance and consultation for youth and agencies in the areas of youth voice and youth guided care
- Advises BOOM Youth Leadership Team which informs systems change efforts
- Assists youth in crisis to find appropriate services
- Identifies and seeks resolution for barriers for youth in Muskegon County
- Problem-solves with youth and their families and/or agency partners when encountering barriers to accessing services and supports
- Encourages feedback from youth and system partners utilize feedback for continuous quality improvement
- Assists and supports youth in navigating child-serving systems
- Helps resolve conflicts between youth and parents or professionals
- Offers one-on-one and group support to youth
- Creates social opportunities for youth (bowling, skating)
- One-on-one meetings in the community, home, or location of choice
- Connects youth with lived experience to committee involvement and other leadership opportunities
- Coordinates and links to youth-friendly activities in the community